Rega's first GREEN GRADE initiative will be the ‘Planar 1 ECO DECK’ - here's how it works.
- Rega have a selection of Planar 1 and Planar 1 Plus plinths that are marked, scratched or obsolete (e.g. gloss P1 and P1 Plus).
- Rega have a selection of marked or scratched P2 and P3 high gloss acrylic plinths that will also be built as Green Grade Planar 1. (Rega will fit the appropriate brass bearing at no extra cost for those turntables using P3 plinths).
- Other green Grade components will be used as and when available such as platters and tonearms with cosmetic faults.
- All will be fitted with ‘A’ grade Carbon cartridges.
- The Plinths for the ECO DECKS will NOT be silk screened with a P1 logo so they can be easily identified as Green Grade
- Each ECO deck will be fitted with a Rega ECO lid badge.
- Each ECO Deck outer carton will have a sticker with the Rega Green Grade logo for easy identification.
- Every deck will be thoroughly tested and will have to pass all of the stringent tests that an ‘A’ grade Rega Planar 1 would need to pass.
- Performance is not affected in any way.
- Lifetime Warranty is included against functional defects, but this will NOT cover cosmetic defects.
As a result, there are some excellent savings to be had…
The UK SSP for a Green Grade Planar 1 will be just £199.00 (normal price £299).
The UK SSP for the Green Grade Planar 1 PLUS will be just £229.00 (normal price £385).
Current Green Grade products available @ Basically Sound
P1 Gloss Black
P1 Gloss White
P1 Gloss Red (Out Of Stock)
P1 Plus Gloss Black (Out Of Stock)
P1 Plus Gloss White (Out Of Stock)